Here you will find no great halls where songs of mighty deeds are sung. You will find no palatial estates where high lords and ladies hold court over fawning crowds. There are no grand balls where the well to do are there to be seen in their finery.
The streets of Uresh are small and maze-like, occasionally opening up into small plazas where merchants and passers-by gather. Where the smoke hangs low in the air and where its residents live in cramped apartments unprotected by thick walls. And where anything is possible.
So, come! Come to the City of Uresh! Come, bring your friends! Come, bring your ambitions! And most importantly... Come, bring your money! For all are welcome in the City of Uresh!
New OOC Information
In light of the rules changes to the server, City of Uresh is recruiting more actively now. I am including this brief OOC clan summary up front to make it easier for potential new members to see. If this looks good to you please read the full post:
- Members of the clan will be provided with a residence in the city. We will assist you in upgrading or modifying an existing space to T2 for your use.
- Members are free to build and expand the city but must follow the building guidelines below in the main post.
- Members will be expected to eventually dismantle any pre-existing homes or bases after joining the city.
- Members are free agents and can do as they wish in the exiled lands. We are not a rigid heiarchy or unified political entity.
- Members have access to equipment and resources difficult to obtain on your own.
- Members are expected to contribute resources to the city. There is plenty of stone and iron nearby. Even just 3-5 minutes of harvesting goes a long way.
What is the City of Uresh?
The City of Uresh is a clan dedicated to developing an urban style of role-play within Conan Exiles. The urban environment features prominently in many of Howard's Conan stories as sinister places of corruption and decadence. This clan is focused on developing an environment in game where those activities make sense. The City of Uresh is consciously designed to take advantage of many of the upcoming features such as roads and npc activity cycles that are planned to be released this year for CE. Members will be actively engaged in taking advantage of those systems to create a city in the spirit of Conan.
Who would enjoy joining the City?
This clan is most appropriate for those players who are attracted to the style of play described above. Below is a list of characteristics sought in a member of the City. If this does not sound appealing, please do not apply. You might be happier elsewhere as there are many clans already on the server providing a variety of play styles.
- Adheres to the server rules at all times. Respects the admins and their fellow players for the mutual enjoyment of all.
- Is 18+ years of age and demonstrates maturity in their OOC interactions.
- Is not bothered by the potential loss of built assets. The city has no walls and will never have walls to allow non members to freely wander its streets and use the city as an RP environment. While it is the city's desire to remain a neutral trade hub, wars and raids according to the rules of the server may occur. If so, the city stands to lose a lot of its structures. Members must be OK with that.
- Adheres to the simple building guidelines noted below.
- These guidelines are meant to help make sure that the city develops the proper feel for the RP style being supported. The most important thing is that the mood of the city feels right so slight deviations from these guidelines are OK if they contribute to the overall feel of a cramp and squalid desert city.
- All members are free to build and expand the city at their discretion using these guidelines. Any construction that does not follow the guidelines will be modified to keep the feel of the city.
- Streets should be one tile wide and not provide a direct through route across the city. The city should feel cramped and maze like.
- Buildings should be limited to a 4-8 tile floor space and no more than 3 floors high. Some exceptions can be made for certain "civic" buildings.
- Most buildings, if multi-story, should have independent outside access. These are apartments, not manors.
- Members' homes should adhere to these principles but can be multi-floor units with interior access. Again, think town-home, not palace or keep.
- Most construction should be done in sandstone with some admixture of stone brick permitted, especially for member homes and other important buildings.
- Members will put a wall sign with their character's name on it near the front door of their home. Other members will respect that this is a member's home and will not enter without permission, disturb the interior layout, or take any of the possessions found within. All assets found outside of a player home are free for use by all city members.
- There are a number of nearby iron and coal nodes. Do not build over them or cut them off from other players.
- The city is located near the Red Sands Arena at a natural cross-roads. Do not obstruct these passages as we want people to wander by on their way from one place to the next.
- NO CITY WALLS!!!
- NO GUARD THRALLS left out and about that could harass travelers. Whereas other clans are organized around the concept of being paranoid and secluded isolationists, the City of Uresh is meant to be an open city accessible by all.
Who are you?
As a member of the clan, you will play the role of one of the city's oligarchs. The oligarchs rule the city while they pursue their own private agendas. The City of Uresh is led by the First Among Equals. After that, the organization is pretty flat. As an oligarch you are encouraged to pursue your own agenda in the exiled lands, contribute to the building of the city by building and gathering resources, and playing the role of a merchant prince.
Come to Uresh!
If this sounds interesting to you, please contact me by private message either here on the forum, or on Discord at TikaTheHungry (Eshkel), or in-game as Eshkel. I hope to see you there.
First Among Equals
City of Uresh